2/17/2013

Sicilian cupcakes.



I'm up to something on my Italian site: a "cupcakes project".
It's sort of challenge (with myself and contribution from friends and fans) to create twenty different cupcakes, each one to match one of the Regions of Italy for ingredients and traditions.
Probably you can't name many of these Regions, I can recall some of them to your memory: Tuscany, Lombardy, Liguria and Sicily are the most famous among foreigners I think.
I don't want to post all the cupcakes I'm going to make because it will be difficult for you to find all the ingredients but I made Sicilian ones thinking of Sicilian cannoli which are quite famous worldwide then I thought you would like to try them.
With this recipe you'll have 8 cupcakes.

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1/2 cup almond flour

1 tbs Marsala wine (if you like)

1 egg

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1 ts baking powder

1/3 cup melted butter

1 pinch of salt

3 tbs candied orange

milk as needed to make the dough creamy

Frosting:

1+1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese

1/3 cup icing sugar

1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

8 candied cherries

Finely chop the candied orange, mix all the dry ingredients then add egg, butter, Marsala and milk enough to make the dough creamy.
Fill the muffin pan and bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 F°.
Beat ricotta cheese with sugar with an elettric mixer untill fluffy then add chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
If you want to use a sac-a-poche to spread the icing be sure to use a tip large enough to let the chocolate pass.
Yes I did the mistake if you're asking...
I had to cut the sac-a-poche and I had to use it without tip (you can see it from the photo...)
Add a candied cherry on top to decorate.

2 commenti:

  1. Questo commento è stato eliminato da un amministratore del blog.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Questo commento è stato eliminato da un amministratore del blog.

    RispondiElimina