4/06/2009

SILENCE

I usually write only about food and cooking on this blog but sometimes there are things that can't be ignorated or untold.
In the middle of the past night a devastating hearquake hit a part of Central Italy, the Region of Abruzzo, the city of L'Aquila and its surroundings.
Too many people died, too many are still under rubbles: alive or not is hard to say.
In this scene of disaster solidarity from all the country comes to help: in the morning was asked for blood donating, in the afternoon the minister appeal to stop because was donated more blood than the hospitals in the whole region can stock.
At 6 o.c. in the morning the local rugby team was rescuing elders from a retirement home carrying them on their backs out of the house.
Everyone who can is helping now, I think of my friends there, they're ok but have so many relatives and friends without a home.
It's so painful.
No recipes today, you can understand.

1 commento:

  1. Hey Claudia,
    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I'm so sorry about what happened to your country, and I pray God will be with all of you.

    RispondiElimina