3/04/2009

Pork loin in milk sauce ( Arista di maiale al latte)



This is a good "sunday recipe".
Easy to make, delicious, tender.
My mum was used to prepare it when I was little and even now, even if less often cause me and my sister are old enough to eat also different things ^^.
This roast is made in a pot, on stove and not in the oven: here in Italy is often the privileged cooking solution for roasts.


For 4 serves you need:


1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin tied with string

3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or butter

2 garlic cloves

salt and pepper

4 cups fresh whole milk

1 sprig fresh rosemary

a little carrot, chopped tiny


In a heavy pot heat the olive oil with garlic and carrot pieces and brown the roast well on all sides.
Add salt and pepper.
Add the milk and bring to boil, then turn the heat to low and let the meat cook for about une hour and half, turn the roast now and then and mix the sauce to prevent burning.
When the meat is ready the sauce should be thick, of a golden brown colour, with some kind of grumes, really tasty.
Wait untill the roast is cold before slice it, it's even better if you prepare it one day in advance then cut sometime before serving, heat again meat and sauce and serve slices with souce on top.
It's perfect with sauteed spinach or mashed potadoes.

2 commenti:

  1. Really does look good some of this stuff. Nice work. i have a similar recipe to this of my own. So why not check my Authentic Italian recipes

    RispondiElimina
  2. I wish I had seen your blog earlier. I have just roasted una arrista di maiale on a rack in the oven, but have always wanted to find a good recipe for arrista al latte. Can't wait to try yours. Mille grazie for sharing your family recipe with me.

    RispondiElimina